“Women Less Prepared For Retirement Than Men“!
It’s also been reported that women overall save less for their retirement compared to men.
Should this come as a surprise? Hardly!
Many women don’t save and invest enough for their retirement for a number of reasons, amongst them:
- raising children
- taking care of grand children
- working in the home
- being out of the work force for years
- outdated job skills
- taking care of elderly parents
- overall still earning less than men
- overall less educated compared to men when it comes to money
And those are just some of the reasons many women face retirement age less financially prepared than male boomers.
Many women baby boomers will either have to continue to work or depend on family or the government for assistance.
Yes, you could say the concept of “retirement” is outdated. And many boomers don’t necessarily want to retire like their parents before them did.
However, at some point all of us will either want to or have to slow down and eventually retire. There will come a time where you and I just won’t be able to continue to work (as usual).
- Then how will you take care of yourself?
- Are you prepared…?
- Do you have enough in retirement savings, investments, insurance to last you until…?
- Or will you have to continue to work to support yourself and/or to save for later?
Work is not a dirty word, so that’s not the issue here.
The issue is however that you may want to slow down or retire but can’t afford to.
If that describes you, what will you do about it?
Wait until…? Or step up to the plate and take action now.
If you find yourself unable to retire or just don’t want to retire yet, because you’re just not ready, you could either go back to work or start your own thing.
The “thing’ I’m referring to… starting your own business.
After all, who want’s to get a job working next to or being “supervised” by folks younger then their children (or grand children)!
But that’s not it alone.
We all (at least most of us) want to do work that is fulfilling and adds value to society, all while giving us a sense of satisfaction.
Working for yourself, or starting your own business, can give you just that.
Maybe you’ve been thinking about starting your own business over the years but never got going with it?
I know, starting your own business can be daunting… I’ve been there.
Where do you start? How do you decide?
Are those some of the questions you’ve been asking yourself?
Do you find yourself baffled by all the decisions that have to be made?
- Offline business or online business?
- Work from home or from an office?
- Employees or no employees?
- Legal structure?
- Work alone or hire a team?
- … OMG, this list is endless!
Don’t worry… it’s easier than it seems, I promise!
Just get started.