The build it and they will come fantasy truly only happens in the movies. I know, too bad!
You’ll probably attract some customers through word of mouth but eventually you will want to add some type of marketing to ensure a steady flow of customers to your business.
Depending on who your ideal client is (what kind of customer you want to attract to your business), on the marketing channels selected and on the amount of money you are willing to spend on marketing, there are countless ways to market your business.
Marketing is a broad topic and includes your message, your branding, and the actual advertising.
So what better way of learning about this complex topic then to listen and learn from the wisdom the Disney Princesses are willing to share with us. Here is a presentation created by Emma Caswell at DigitalAnnexe.co.uk and featured on SlideShare.
See for yourself … and do enjoy!
Let’s briefly recap the powerful marketing messages learned:
- “Put consumers ahead of self-indulgence.” Remember that it’s about the customer first… the customer is why you are in business.
- “Don’t wait for results to happen for you; make them happen.” No need to explain anything…
- “Be the first to embrace new technology”. Even though difficult at times (at least for me) it’s important to keep up with changing technology… because your customers are!
- “Be honest with consumers and be true to who you are”. This can be a delicate balancing act at times, but being honest is always the best policy and being true to yourself is the only way to go.
- “Use the ‘always-on ‘culture to open up consumers to new experiences”. Use the power of technology to stay in touch with your customers and introduce them to your new products and services.
- “Take risks and do something different”. If something doesn’t work, try something different… it may well be worth the risk.
- “Take time to develop your skill and strategy”. Create your vision and plan for your business, revisit that plan and don’t be afraid to make adjustments if necessary.
- “The first idea is rarely the best one”. Design, test and tweak an idea until you get it right.
- “Teamwork is best”. There is power in a group of people working well together.
Who would have guessed all the wisdom to be learned from the Princesses?